The Alaska Public Lands Information Center is open year-round, providing a variety of educational opportunities throughout the year. Feel free to check out the list of programs we offer or just drop in.
|The Anchorage Alaska Public Lands Information Center theater|
Take advantage of our free movies played in our theater. We have nine movies available so come in at anytime and request the movie of your choice.
Please not previously scheduled school groups have priority during winter hours.
- A Gathering of Bears (28min)
- Alaska's Coolest Animals (27min)
- Alaska Railroad History (14min)
- Alaska's Wild Legacy (14min)
- Gold Fever (23min)HD
- Heartbeats of Denali (17min)HD
- The Day the Earth Shook (27min)
- Treasures of the Greatland (25min)
- Voices of Sitka (11min)
|The exhibits include wildlife from every region of Alaska.|
Exhibits and Brochures
Within the center's main visitor area you can...
- enjoy 2200 square feet of natural history & cultural exhibits
- pickup FREE maps and brochures for Alaska's public lands
- ask detailed questions of our knowledgeable staff
- plan your trip on our interactive GIS computers featuring common trips around Alaska
- challenge your friends to a children's scavenger hunt
- view live web cams from around the state (available seasonally)
See a Virtual Tour of the Anchorage Exhibits
|Kids love the Alaskan animal scavenger hunt!|
School Year 2013-2014
There are a number of fun and engaging programs being offered for kids of all ages this summer. The Alaska Public Lands Information Center in Anchorage offers:
Scavenger hunts for all ages
A kids booth once a week
Two live animal programs at 2pm
The film Alaska's Coolest Animals is a great movie geared towards kids that happens twice a day
During the school year, the visitors center is home to the NPS Urban Education Program. Education programs are menu style and include an introduction to public lands, an age-appropriate movie, and a scavenger hunt. Live animal and bird presentations are also scheduled by request.
|Ranger Cameron stands ready in 1770's sailor's garb for a Captain Cook Walking tour.|
Captain Cook Walking Tour
To request a walking tour call (907) 644-3670.
- Join one of our Park Rangers on a 45 minute walking tour of downtown Anchorage. Learn about Captain Cook's voyage in search of the elusive Northwest Passage and other aspects of Alaska's natural and cultural history.
- The tour starts outside, in front of the Anchorage Alaska Public Lands Information Center.
Learn more about the Captain Cook Walking Tour
No properties exist for the element