Logo bar of the Alaska Public Lands Information Centers which are located in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Tok and Ketchikan
Teddy Roosevelt and John Muir at Yosemite. Library of Congress.
text size
Printer Friendly
Fees & Reservations Available at the Anchorage Center
America the Beautiful National Park and Federal Recreation Passes. Annual Pass (Top), Access Pass (middle) and Senior Pass (bottom).

The Anchorage Alaska Public Lands Information Center helps visitors enjoy Alaska’s public lands by offering annual and lifetime passes to many state and federal recreational areas.

Recreational Passes
The Center sells America the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass by check, cash, or credit cards. The Annual pass makes a great gift for anyone that enjoys the Great Outdoors. It can be used nationwide at any federal recreation site. Anyone can purchase the pass for a year of savings and enjoyment!

  • The Annual pass ($80) is available to the general public and provides access to federal recreation sites that charge an Entrance or Standard Amenity Fee for a year, beginning from the date of sale.
  • The Senior Pass ($10) is a lifetime pass for U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over.
  • The Access Pass (Free) is a lifetime pass for U.S. citizens or permanent
    residents with permanent disabilities. 

For more information on the America the Beautiful Passes go to or 907-644-3661

The National Park Service also offers Fee Free Days throughout the year. The dates for 2015 are January 19, February 14-16, April 18-19, August 25, September 26, and November 11. We want you to enjoy your local parks.

** Note: many federal park lands in Alaska waive entry fees as a result of a memorandum found in the Alaska National Interest Lands Claims Act (ANILCA), which created most of Alaska's federal Lands. This, however, is not the case with Denali National Park and Preserve which has an entry fee of $10.00. **

The Anchorage Center also sells the Alaska State Parks Day Use Pass (cash or check only). The Day Use Pass allows parking at specific state parks and recreation areas and is valid for the calendar year in which it is issued. The state no longer offers an annual camping pass. Disabled Veteran passes can only be acquired at a Department of Natural Resources Public Information Center at 550 West 7th Avenue, Suite 1260. Call (907) 269-8400 for more information or visit the state website for on-line purchase and locations to purchase the Day Use Pass at

Cabin Reservations
In addition to recreation passes, the Anchorage Alaska Center offers reservations for Kenai Fjords National Park cabins, Holgate and Aialik. There are three cabins available for rent in the park during the summer. Descriptions of the cabins can be found on the park website at Reservations begin January 3rd at 10am. Cabins can generally be reserved Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend by calling 1-866-869-6887 or 907-644-3661 for more information concerning these cabins or to make a reservation.

Arial view of Mount St Elias rising above the clouds. The landscape is the deep blues and blush pinks of an early morning sunrise. Did You Know?
Wrangell-St Elias National Park & Preserve is part of the world's largest internationally protected area and contains North America's largest assemblage of glaciers and its greatest collection of peaks over 16,000 feet.